Friday, August 15, 2014

An Update!

Hi Everybody -- It has been quite some time (2 years?) since I updated this blog.  I think I'm ready to get back to it.

So here is an update on my sponsorships.

My oldest sponsored child, Tesfaye, graduated from the program!  He is now pursuing a degree in Economics at University.  We started sponsoring him as a teenager.  He was originally our correspondence child and when his financial backer stopped contributing, we took over the sponsorship.  It's awesome to see the ship into harbor, so to speak, and we continue to pray for him and his family. 

My sponsored child, Israel, who we started sponsoring when he was in Kindergarten is now 15 years old!!!!  (I don't have enough exclamation points to emphasize that fact.  Where does the time go?)  We've gotten word that he has shown interest in ministry and has done some practicing in the field of evangelism.  That's my boy!

We added a third sponsorship.  Fredy from Ecuador.  He's now 8 years old and has dealt with health challenges due to a cleft palate.  (i.e. Multiple surgeries.)  Despite that, he is as smart as a whip and has SO many interests and hobbies.  Reminds me of me as a kid.  The world is his oyster.  His mom is a Compassion program aide and he has an older sister in college, so it seems like his family has laid a great foundation for him.  Perhaps we have a future President of Ecuador here?  I think it could happen.  No pressure.  :)

If anyone reads this blog anymore -- and frankly I deserve no readers after not updating for two years -- I wish you love, joy and peace.  Stick with Compassion and stick with the kids.  We're going places!